REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The models covered by this guide are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Disable the air bag system, as outlined in Chassis Electrical of this repair guide.
- Remove the lower panel of the dashboard.
- Remove the knee bolster.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Unplug the connectors from the under dash fuse block.
- Remove the steering column upper and lower covers.
- Position the ignition switch to the "0" position.
- Remove the two screws that secure the switch to the mount.
- Pull the ignition switch away from the mount.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.