Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On all models except the Legacy, remove the right front seat. On the Legacy, remove the door sill molding and pull the carpet back.
- Lift the carpet out of the way. Remove the 2 bolts holding the ECU to the body.
- Lift the ECU away from the floor. Remove the small screws securing the connector to the control unit.
- Carefully disconnect the multi-pin harness connector from the ECU.
- Reassemble in reverse order. Make certain the connector is firmly seated and not crooked. Always install the small connector retaining screws.
The control module is integrated in the Hydraulic Control Module. Remove to -Hydraulic Control Module, Removal & Installation- for more information.