The sensor provides a signal to the ECM. This signal adjusts engine management parameters that allow the engine to perform at optimal performance.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the air assist injector solenoid valve.
- Disconnect the air by-pass hoses.
- Remove the valve from the intake manifold.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the sensor to 3.7 ft. lbs.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Using the Subaru scan tool, connect the test mode connector at the lower portion of the instrument panel (driver-s side) to the side of the center console box.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- Operate the valve.
- If the valve does not produce an operating sound, replace it.