Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the accessory drive belt(s).
- Using a suitable puller, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the pulley and tighten the pulley bolt to 69-76 ft. lbs. (93-103 Nm) for 1.8L engine. Tighten the bolt on 2.5 engine to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm). Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt on 3.3L engine to 115 ft. lbs. (157 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belt and adjust the tension to specification.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to -Accessory Drive Belts, Removal & Installation-.
- Remove the crankshaft damper cover, 3.0L engines only
- Using Special Tool 49997700 to lock the crankshaft in place, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Clean the crankshaft pulley threads with an air gun. Apply engine oil to the crankshaft pulley bolt seat and threads.
Install the crankshaft pulley into place. Use Special Tool 49997700 to lock the crankshaft pulley in place and install the crankshaft pulley bolt. Tighten the bolt as follows:
2.2L engines: 87-101 ft. lbs. (122-137 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft damper cover, 3.0L engines only. Tighten to 4.7 ft. lbs. (6.4 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belts.