Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine and place on a suitable engine stand. Refer to -Engine Assembly, Removal & Installation- procedure in this section.
- If equipped with a manual transmission, remove the clutch housing cover.
Using Special Tool 498497100 to lock the crankshaft into place, remove the flywheel (manual transmission) or driveplate (automatic transmission).
Install the flywheel (M/T) or drive plate (A/T) and use Special Tool 498497100 to lock the crankshaft into place. Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown as follows:
- Except 3.0L engine: 51-55 ft. lbs. (69-75 Nm).
- 3.0L engine: 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Install the clutch housing cover, if equipped with manual transmission.
Install the engine assembly into the vehicle.