Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle and secure in a soft jawed vise.
- Compress the coil spring with a spring compressor until the upper spring seat can be turned by hand.
- Remove the self-locking nut on the top of the strut assembly, then remove the upper spring seat.
- Remove the coil spring and compressor. If the spring is being replaced, slowly release the spring from the compressor and compress the new coil spring.
- Place the proper end of the coil spring on the lower spring seat on the strut.
- Install the insulator, upper spring seat and strut mount on the strut piston. Install a new self-locking nut. Tighten the nut to 36-43 ft. lbs. (49-59 Nm).
- Slowly release the spring compressor.
- Install the strut on to the vehicle.