REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 amd 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the receiver/drier pressure switch wire harness.
- Disconnect and plug the receiver/drier refrigerant lines. Depending on model and production year, the lines are attached with nuts or bolts.
- Remove the receiver/drier bracket attaching bolts.
- Remove the receiver/drier assembly.
- Install the receiver/drier in position and tighten the mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Reconnect the electrical harness.
- Connect the refrigerant lines to the receiver/drier. Tighten the line nuts on all models except Legacy, Impreza and SVX to 12 ft. lbs. (17 Nm). Tighten the line bolts on Legacy, Impreza and SVX to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Properly recharge the refrigerant system using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the operation of the A/C system.
Consult an authorized Subaru dealer for receiver/drier location and removal and installation steps. Because the A/C system on the Justy was a dealer installed option, variations in installation and service procedures occur.