REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Remove chassis, engine or body parts, if required for line removal.
- If removing a line secured with a nut, use a suitable flare-end or backup wrench loosen, disconnect and immediately plug the refrigerant line.
- If removing a line attached with a retainer bolt, loosen and remove the retainer bolt using a suitable wrench or socket. Immediately plug the open connection.
- Remove and discard the sealing O-ring.
- Disconnect the pressure switch wire connectors, if required.
- Remove all attaching brackets and bolts.
- Remove the refrigerant lines.
- Apply a light coat of refrigerant oil to new O-rings, and install on the refrigerant line.
- If the line is secured with a nut, tighten the nut to 14-22 ft. lbs. (20-29 Nm).
- If the line is secured with a retainer bolt, tighten the bolt to 7-14 ft. lbs. (10-20 Nm.
Tighten the refrigerant line to the previously given valves, unless the procedure requires a different tightening value.
- Route refrigerant lines in the original locations.
- Use original securing brackets and bolts.
- Evacuate, charge and check system for leaks using an approved recovery/recycling machine.