REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
All manual transaxle equipped Subaru models except Justy and SVX covered by this information are equipped with the hill holder assembly.
The pressure hold valve is the main component of the Hill-Holder system. The valve is mounted in the engine compartment on the side frame rail closest to the master cylinder.
- Drain the brake fluid from the master cylinder.
- Remove the hill holder cable adjusting nut, clamp and cable mount from the clutch cable assembly in the engine compartment.
- Detach the PHV cable from the mounting clips. Separate the connector bracket from the PHV support.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the PHV. Use a flare wrench to prevent damage to the line nut.
- Remove the PHV.
- Position the PHV to the bracket, and secure in place using the retainer bolts. Tighten the bracket-to-PHV mounting bolts to 5-9 ft. lbs. (7-13 Nm).
- Attach the brake lines to the PHV. Tighten the fitting to 9-13 ft. lbs. (13-18 Nm).
- Attach the connector bracket to the PHV body, and secure with retainer bolts tighten to 5-9 ft. lbs. (7-13 Nm).