REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The speed sensor is located on the transaxle assembly of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle safely on jackstands.
- Disconnect the wire harness attached to the speed sensor.
- Place a suitable drip pan below the speed sensor to catch any fluid which may spill out during removal and installation. Remove the speed sensor. Discard the sealing O-ring around the assembly.
- Install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil around the speed sensor assembly.
- Install the speed sensor into the transaxle, and tighten the connection.
- Fasten the wire harness to the speed sensor. Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the transaxle fluid level, and add fluid if needed.
- Road test the vehicle to make sure the cruise control system functions correctly.