REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Sedan, Coupe, Loyale, XT, Wagon and Brat
See Figure 1
- Ensure that the ignition is OFF .
Remove the air cleaner and air flow meter:
- Loosen the hose clamp.
- Remove the boot from the air cleaner cover.
- Release the clips on the air cleaner cover.
- Place the air cleaner cover together with the air flow meter on the engine.
Always keep air cleaner, vacuum hose, etc. free from dirt and dust.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and hose from the vacuum pump assembly.
- Remove the vacuum pump assembly and the valve assembly as a unit. Tighten the mounting nuts to 65 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Position and secure the vacuum pump assembly using the retainer nuts and bolts. Tighten the mounting nuts and bolts to 65 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Attach the wire harness and vacuum hose assembly to the pump.
- Install the air flow meter and air cleaner assemblies.
- Test drive the vehicle to make sure the cruise control system functions correctly.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and hose. Be sure to always disconnect the hose at the body pipe side.
- Remove the attaching nuts, then disconnect the ABS sensor connector clip from the bracket and remove the vacuum pump assembly.
- Install the vacuum pump to the bracket and tighten the mounting nuts to 65 inch lbs. (7.4 Nm). Connect the ABS sensor clip.
- Attach the wire harness and vacuum line.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Test the cruise control system.