The ECU is incorporated into the Engine Control Module.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the retaining screws securing trim panel below the steering column in the interior of the vehicle. If there are ant harnesses attached to the inside of the trim panel, tag then disconnect them. Place the panel aside.
- Remove the retaining bolts securing the ECM module the bracket to the left of the steering column. Lower the ECM to access the harnesses attached to it.
- Unfasten the harnesses attached to the ECM module. Since this connector are of different sizes, and only fit in one way, they do not need to be marked.
- Connect the harnesses to the ECM module. Do not force any connectors into place or the contacts could be bent.
- Position the ECM to the bracket and secure in place using the retaining bolts.
- Fasten any wire harnesses to the trim panel which were disconnected earlier. Position the trim panel under the steering column and secure using the retaining screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.