REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Each cylinder has a separate ignition coil attached to the spark plug.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Depending on which coil is being removed, the air cleaner case may have to be removed for increased access space.
- Unfasten the coil wire harness.
- Loosen the retaining bolts which secure the coil to the cylinder head. DO NOT attempt to remove these bolts. They are a part of the coil assembly.
- Grasp the bolt head with a pair of pliers or equivalent and pull the coil out.
- Position the coil assembly over the spark plug hole, and push into place making sure the coil attached to the spark plug. Hand tighten the bolts.
- Fasten the coil wire harness.
- Tighten the coil retaining bolts to 13-15 ft. lbs. (17-20 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.