REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front and rear driveshafts as and assembly.
- Remove the bolts holding the front and rear shafts together and separate the shafts.
- Secure the rear shaft into a vise. Clamp it by the companion shaft.
Never clamp the driveshaft by the tube section. Clamp the flange.
- Remove the companion flange stake nut.
- Using flange remover tool 899858600 or equivalent and a press tool, press the flange from the shaft.
- When the flange is removed, position the shaft in the vise supported by the center bearing.
- With a soft tip hammer, lightly tap the shaft from the center bearing assembly.
- Mount the center bearing onto the rear shaft.
- Apply a molybdenum disulfide grease to both sides of the washer and place it on the center bearing end face.
- Mate the companion flange spline to the rear shaft spline and slide the flange in place.
- Clamp the driveshaft in a vise. Clamp on the flange and not the tube.
- Install the washer onto the rear shaft. Install a new stake nut and tighten to 174-203 ft. lbs. (235-275 Nm).
- Mate the front shaft to the rear shaft by aligning the matchmarks made during disassembly.
- Tighten the center flange bolts to 17-24 ft. lbs. (24-32 Nm).
- Install the driveshaft assemblies into the vehicle.