Located on the air cleaner housing, the IAT sensor varies resistance as air temperature changes.
- Switch the ignition OFF .
- Disconnect the IAT sensor harness.
- Measure the resistance across the IAT sensor terminals.
- At 68°F (20°C), the resistance should be 2-3 kilo-ohms.
- At 176°F (80°C), the resistance should be 0.27-0.37 kilo-ohms.
- Replace the IAT sensor if the resistance readings are out of range.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the IAT sensor harness.
- Using a suitable wrench, loosen and remove the sensor from the side of the air cleaner housing.
- Apply a layer of Teflon® tape around the threads of the sensor.
- Install the sensor, and tighten snugly.
- Connect the sensor harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.