REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the engine and transaxle from the vehicle as an assembly.
- Separate the engine from the transaxle and place the engine on a suitable stand.
- On models with manual transaxle, remove the clutch cover and clutch disc.
Be careful not to let oil, grease or coolant contact the clutch disc.
- Install a flywheel stopper (MT), or drive plate stopper (AT), to lock the flywheel or drive plate.
- Remove the retaining bolts that secure the flywheel (MT), or drive plate (AT), and remove them from the cylinder block.
- Install the flywheel or driveplate and tighten the retaining bolts as follows : 65-71 ft. lbs. (88-97 Nm) on the 1.2L engine; 30-33 ft. lbs. (41-45 Nm) on the 1.6L engine and 51-55 ft. lbs. (69-75 Nm) on all other engines.
- Install the clutch assembly on manual transaxle vehicles.
- Join the engine and transaxle assemblies. Install the engine/transaxle assembly in the vehicle.