REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The EPA warns that prolonged contact with used engine oil may cause a number of skin disorders, including cancer! You should make every effort to minimize your exposure to used engine oil. Protective gloves should be worn when changing the oil. Wash your hands and any other exposed skin areas as soon as possible after exposure to used engine oil. Soap and water, or waterless hand cleaner should be used.
- Place a drain pan below the cooler assembly. Remove the two bolts connecting the oil cooler lines to the bottom of the filter housing. Drain oil into the pan.
- Remove the bolt connecting the bracket for the two oil lines to the block. Pull the oil lines away from the block and drain them into the pan.
- Remove the three oil cooler mounting bolts and remove the assembly.
- Install the oil cooler and tighten the mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Install the cooler lines using new seal washers. Tighten the bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Attach the bracket for the cooler lines.
- Start the engine and add engine oil. Check for leaks.