REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Loosen the clamps and remove the air intake duct from the airflow meter (throttle body) and the turbocharger assembly.
- Disconnect the vacuum lines from the waste gate valve controller.
- Place a suitable drain pan beneath the turbo assembly. Loosen and remove the cooling and oil lines from the turbocharger.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the turbocharger exhaust outlet. Separate the pipe from the turbocharger.
- Remove the turbocharger.
- Remove the sealing gaskets, and clean all gasket mating surfaces.
- Using new gaskets, install the turbocharger on the exhaust manifold. Tighten the turbocharger mounting bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-34 Nm) alternately and evenly.
- Install the oil and cooling lines. Tighten the oil line banjo bolt to 11-13 ft. lbs. (15-18 Nm) and the cooling line banjo bolt to 16-18 ft. lbs. (21-24 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the waste gate valve controller.
- Install the air intake duct assembly.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. Check for leaks. Test drive the vehicle.
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the airflow meter-to-turbocharger inlet clamp, then remove the air intake duct. Cover the airflow meter and turbocharger openings.
- Loosen the turbocharger-to-air outlet hose clamp and the throttle body inlet to air inlet hose clamp. Remove the turbocharger-to-throttle body hose. Plug all of the openings.
- Remove the turbocharger-to-center exhaust pipe nuts and the front exhaust pipe to turbocharger nuts.
- Disconnect and plug the coolant lines.
- Remove the oil feed line to turbocharger bolt and disconnect the turbocharger to oil return hose clamp and the return hose.
- Remove the turbocharger from the exhaust manifold.
When removing the turbocharger from the vehicle, disconnect the oil return hose.To install:
- Connect the oil return hose and mount the turbocharger to the exhaust manifold using new nuts.
Connect the oil return and feed hose to the hose to the turbocharger with new gaskets. Tighten the bolts as follows:
Union bolts-17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm)
- Connect the coolant lines.
- Connect the crossover pipe to the turbocharger with a new gasket and nuts.
- Connect the throttle body and air inlet hoses to the turbocharger.
- Connect the airflow meter hose to the turbocharger.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system. Start the engine and check for leaks.