REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- On models equipped with an air bag, use caution when working on the front fenders, the air bag wiring and sensors are in this area.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle so that it is just off of the ground.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the inner fender skirt assembly bolts, clips and screws and remove it.
- Remove the fender mounting bolts. On some models, it will be necessary to remove the front combination lamp assemblies, before removing the fender, also on the Loyale and Impreza models the front bumper must be removed.
The fender is joined to the body with sealer at some points. When removing the fender, a small putty knife will help to break the seal in these areas.
- Remove the fender from the vehicle. Be careful of the painted surfaces.
- Apply body sealer to the correct location. Install the fender in position, but do not yet tighten the bolts. Check the fender-to-hood-to-door clearance. Once the clearance is correct and even, tighten all of the mounting bolts.
- Install the inner fender skirt assembly and its mounting bolts.
- Install the Install the front combination lamp assemblies and front bumper, if removed.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.