On some models a remote trunk, liftgate or fuel door opener system is used. A cable connected to a release handle alongside the drivers seat, goes to the rear of the car and is connected to the trunk/tailgate/fuel door latch assemblies. Each of the latch assemblies has an electrical switch that will illuminate if the lid or door is not closed properly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove from the interior of the car the left side door sill moulding, and roll the carpet back to expose the cables.
- Remove the left quarter trim panel and the left rear trim or trunk panel.
- Remove the opener cover screws and the opener. Remove the release handles.
- Remove the cables from their retaining clip.
- Disconnect the cable at either the trunk/hatch release or the fuel door release.
- Disconnect the cable at the release lever. Remove the cable from the vehicle.
- Install the new cable in position and connect it to the trunk/hatch or fuel door release. Connect the cable to the release handle.
- Make sure the cable is seated in the retaining clips properly. Install the trim panels that were removed.
- Connect the release lever handles and install the cover.