REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The control unit is located under the right front seat. On all models except the Legacy, the seat must be removed to gain access to the control unit. On the Legacy, the control unit can be reached by removing the door sill molding and pulling the carpet back.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On all models except the Legacy, remove the right front seat. On the Legacy, remove the door sill molding and pull the carpet back.
- Lift the carpet out of the way. Remove the 2 bolts holding the ECU to the body.
- Lift the ECU away from the floor. Remove the small screws securing the connector to the control unit.
- Carefully disconnect the multi-pin harness connector from the ECU.
- Reassemble in reverse order. Make certain the connector is firmly seated and not crooked. Always install the small connector retaining screws.