REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Air Mix, Temperature Control and Ram Ventilation Cables
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place the control lever in the FULLY OPEN position.
- Remove the lower trim panel from the passenger side.
- Detach the control cable retainer clips from the side of the heater case assembly.
- Unfasten the control cable from the cable attaching boss on the case assembly.
- Remove the control panel assembly from the dash. Lift the control panel out enough to access the control cable.
- Detach the control cable retainer clip from the control panel assembly.
- Unfasten the control cable from the lever on the control panel.
- Slowly remove the cable from the control panel opening.
- Feed the control cable through the control panel opening in the dash panel, and route the cable to the heater case assembly. Be careful not to route the cable in such a manner that sharp bends are created in the cable.
- Attach the cable to the control panel lever. Secure the cable in place with the retainer clip.
- Position the control panel in the dash panel, and secure in place with the retainer screws.
- Fasten the control cable to the heater case attaching boss. Secure the cable to the case assembly with the retainer clip.
- Install the lower trim using the retainer screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test the control cable for smooth operation.