REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
On all models except the XT, the combination switch contains the switches for the turn signal, headlight and wiper/washer functions of the vehicle. The XT models do not control the headlights from this switch, but retain the other functions. The stalk assemblies are mounted to a main switch body located on the steering column. Once the assembly is removed the individual switches can be removed. On all models except the SVX, there are 2 stalk controls; on the SVX, there are 3 stalk controls.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower trim cover.
- Remove the steering column cover screws and the upper and lower column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel. Refer to Suspension & Steering for removal and installation steps.
- Remove the electrical harness-to-steering column clip and band fitting,
- Disconnect the combination switch electrical harnesses.
- Remove the combination switch-to-control wing bracket screws on XT models.
- Remove the combination switch mounting screws. Remove the switch assembly from the steering column.
- If replacing part of the combination switch assembly, remove the switch assembly retainer screws and separate the assembly.
- If the switch assembly was separated, attach the sections, and secure in place with the retaining screws.
- Install the combination switch on the steering column, and tighten the bracket screws securely.
- On XT models, attach the control wing-to-combination switch bracket, and secure in place with the retainer screws.
- Connect the combination switch electrical harnesses. Secure in place with the retainer clips and ban fittings.
- Install the steering wheel assembly and tighten the center nut.
- Install the steering column covers and the lower instrument panel cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check for proper operation.