REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Refer to the combination switch procedure in this section for removal and installation steps for headlight switch assemblies incorporated into the combination switch assembly.XT
See Figure 1
The headlight switch is installed on a control wing at the left side of the steering wheel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower steering column cover retainer screws and the upper and lower trim covers.
- Remove the steering wheel. Refer to Suspension & Steering for removal and installation steps.
- Disconnect the electrical harness-to-steering column clip and band.
- Remove the combination switch-to-steering column screws and the switch assembly from the steering wheel.
- Remove the left control wing-to-steering column screws, then remove the left control wing from the steering column.
- Remove the control wing case screws and separate the case halves from each other; this will provide access to the headlight switch.
- To replace the headlight switch knob, use a pin rod, to lightly push the pawl (inside the switch knob) inward and pull the knob outward.
- Remove the headlight switch retainer screws, and remove the switch from the case.
- Position the headlight switch in the case, and secure in place with the retainer screws. To install the knob onto the switch, place the knob on the switch, place your finger on the back side of the switch and squeeze the knob onto the switch.
When reassembling the control wing cases; be careful not to get the electrical harness caught between the cases.
- Attach the wing case halves together, and install the retainer screws.
- Install the wing assembly to the steering column, and secure in place with the retainer screws.
- Install the combination switch and harnesses.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Install the steering column covers, and attach using the retainer screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test the headlight switch to make sure it works correctly.