REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely on jackstands.
- Disengage the cable assembly from the transaxle by removing the retainer bolt and bracket, or loosening the retainer nut, depending on model and production date. Once the retainer is removed, slowly pull the cable from the transaxle.
- Disengage all remaining cable securing clips.
- Push the grommet out of the firewall and feed the cable through the opening into the interior.
- Remove any screws holding the cable clip to dash brackets.
- Remove the instrument cluster. Lift the cluster out enough to access the speedometer cable.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable from the speedometer and remove the cable.
The speedometer cable routing should avoid sharp bends.
- Feed the speedometer cable through the dash panel to the firewall of the vehicle.
- Connect the speedometer cable to the speedometer head.
- Attach the clip to the steering column bracket.
- Feed the cable through the firewall hole to the transaxle. Install the rubber grommet around the hole.
- Lubricate the cable core exposed at the transmission ferrule with silicone grease.
- Secure the cable with the clips and clamps.
- Attach the speedometer cable to the transaxle using the bracket and retainer bolt, or tighten the nut on the cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Road test the vehicle to make sure the speedometer is functioning correctly.