REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 14
- Remove the trim panel.
- Remove the door handle assembly.
- Remove the door panel sealing cover.
- Remove the rear view mirror from the door.
- Remove the outer weatherstrip.
- Remove the inner stabilizer.
- Loosen the upper stopper bolt from the front of door and glass stoppers, and move the door glass. Then, remove the upper stopper from the rear of the door. Remove the two bolts which hold the glass holder to the regulator slider.
When removing bolts on the regulator slider, move the glass to a position where the bolts can be seen through the service hole. Mark the position and tightening allowance of upper stopper bolts before removal. This will make adjustment after installation easy.
- Open the door, hold the door glass with both hands and pull it straight up from the door panel.
- Remove the wire clip (manual type only).
- Remove the regulator base plate and rail.
- Remove the regulator assembly through the service hole in the underside of the door.
- Replace any worn or broken parts. Lubricate all sliding parts and reinstall the regulator assembly.
- Tighten the base plate mounting bolts 4-7 ft. lbs. (5-9 Nm) and the rail mounting nut 7-13 ft. lbs. (10-18 Nm).
- Install the window glass in position in the regulator guide channel and tighten the bolts.
- Adjust the window glass before putting the door back together.
- Once the glass is adjusted properly, install the door panel and components.