REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center console from the vehicle, if equipped.
- Disconnect the brake light switch harness from the side of the lever assembly.
- With the brake lever in the fully released position, loosen and remove the cable adjuster locknut and adjuster nut.
- Remove the retainer nuts and/or bolts securing the brake assembly to the floor of the vehicle.
- Position the brake assembly to the floor of the vehicle and secure in place with the retainer nuts and/or bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7-13 ft. lbs. (9-17 Nm), and the nuts to 3-5 ft. lbs. (4-6 Nm).
- Install the brake cable through the bracket and secure with the adjuster nut and locknut. Adjust the brake cable tension.
- Attach the brake light switch harness.
- Install the center console, if equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Engage and release the brake handle to test for smooth operation.