REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Drain the differential oil (see General Information & Maintenance ).
- Raise the rear wheels and support the car on jackstands.
- Remove the exhaust pipe and muffler as outlined in the Engine Removal portion of Engine & Engine Overhaul .
- Remove the driveshaft and axle shafts.
- Support the differential carrier with a jack.
- Remove the two nuts securing the differential to the rear mounting bracket.
- Remove the two bolts securing the differential to the front mounting bracket.
- Lower the jack and remove the differential.
To install, reverse Steps 1 through 8. Observe the following torque specifications:
Rear mounting nuts: 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm)