See Figure 1
If the following conditions CANNOT be met, transport the vehicle using a flat-bed truck.
- On manual transaxle equipped vehicles, turn the differential lock switch to the OFF position and make sure that the differential lock indicator light is not illuminated.
- If the engine cannot be started to switch the differential lock switch, raise the front wheels and move the lock lever on the right side of the transaxle towards the rear.
- On automatic transaxle equipped vehicles, set the car in front wheel drive mode by inserting a spare fuse in the FWD connector inside the engine compartment.
- Place the vehicle in Neutral.
- Check the transaxle oil level and add oil if the level is low.
- Do not tow the vehicle at more than 30 mph (48 kp/h) or for more than 31 miles (50 km).