See Figures 1 and 2
If the following conditions cannot be met, transport the vehicle using a flat-bed truck.
- On manual transaxle and 3-speed automatic transaxle equipped vehicles, turn the differential lock switch to the OFF position and make sure that the differential lock indicator light is not illuminated.
- On 4-speed automatic transaxle equipped vehicles, set the car in front wheel drive mode by inserting a spare fuse in the FWD connector inside the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the harness connector for the 4WD solenoid valve (manual transaxle) or the transfer solenoid (automatic transaxle) inside the engine compartment.
- Place the vehicle in neutral.
- Check the transaxle oil level and oil if level is low.
- Do not tow the vehicle at more than 30 mph (48 kp/h) or for more than 31 miles (50 km).