Description & Operation
The camshaft position sensor relays the relative camshaft position to the ECM for determining the position and stroke of the No. 1 cylinder. This information is required for proper fuel injection functioning.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the collector cover, as required.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the bolt that retains the sensor to the sensor support.
- Remove the bolt that retains the sensor support to the camshaft cap.
- Remove the sensor and the sensor support as a unit.
- Separate the sensor from the support.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the sensor support to 4.7 ft. lbs.
- Tighten the sensor to 4.7 ft. lbs.
2.5L DOHC Engine
- Using the Subaru scan tool, check the sensor output waveform.
- With the engine OFF and the ignition switch ON the signal (V) should be 0-0.9.
- The measurement is taken using connector B135 terminal 8 for the left side and connector B135 terminal 9 for the right side.
If abnormality is found, replace the sensor.
- Remove the sensor from the vehicle.
- Measure the resistance between the two connector terminals of the sensor, (terminals 1 and 2).
- If measured value is not within 1-4 kohms, replace the sensor.