The sensor monitors and signals the ECM of changes in intake manifold pressure which result from engine load, speed and atmospheric pressure changes.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new O-rings.
- Torque the retaining screw to 1.2 ft. lbs.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- Using the Subaru scan tool, operate the LED operation mode.
- If the idle switch signal comes on and there are no other displayed codes check the condition of the sensor.
- If the sensor is securely in place on its mounting and the throttle body is secure on its mounting, replace the sensor.