The sensor provides a signal to the ECM for incoming air temperature. This information is used to adjust the injector pulse width and in turn the air/fuel ratio.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Torque the retaining screw to 0.8 ft. lbs.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature.
- Using the Subaru scan tool, read the sensor signal data. If the measured value is less than -40 degrees F, replace the sensor.