The vehicle speed sensor sends a signal to the ECM to control. The ECM uses this information to control transmission shift patterns. The vehicle speed sensor is also used to send a speed signal to the speed control servo of the cruise control system.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place a drip pan below the speed sensor to catch any spilled fluid.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Replace any lost fluid.