Removal & Installation
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to -Accessory Drive Belts, Removal & Installation-.
- Using Special Tool 499977100 to lock the crankshaft in place, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Clean the crankshaft pulley bolt threads with an air gun. Apply clean engine oil to the crankshaft pulley bolt seat and threads.
- Install the crankshaft pulley and pulley bolt, and temporarily tighten the pulley bolt.
Lock the crankshaft in place with Special Tool 499977100 and tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt as follows:
- 1998-2003 engines: 130 ft. lbs. (177 Nm).
- 2004-05 engines: 132 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.