The fuel level sending unit is built into the fuel pump assembly.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pump. For additional information, please refer to the following topic(s): -Multi-Port Fuel Injection System-, -Fuel Pump.-
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the sending unit.
- Disconnect the fuel temperature sensor, 2005 non-turbo models only.
- Remove the bolt that holds the fuel level sending unit on the mounting bracket.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.