Diagnosis & Testing
- Make sure that the power window motor rotates properly when battery voltage is applied to terminals of motor connector.
- Change the polarity of battery connections to terminals to ensure that motor rotates in reverse direction.
Using an ohmmeter, check the resistance of the terminals of the power window switch using the illustration.
Motor & Regulator
- Remove the gusset cover, power window switch assembly, pocket and inner door handle.
- Remove the trim panel screws and disengage the trim panel clips.
- Detach the trim panel and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the speaker, trim bracket and remove assembly. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Using a spatula, remove the door sealer.
- Remove the outer mirror assembly.
- Remove the gusset.
- Operate the power windows switch so the bolts from the regular assembly are visible through the service holes.
- Take out the glass door panel upward.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the power window motor wiring harness.
- Loosen the four bolts and two nuts to pull out the regulator assembly.
- Remove the screws to remove the motor from the regulator assembly.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.
- Remove the gusset cover.
- Pull up the inner door handle cover toward you to remove the upper hook. Pull down it to remove the lower hook. Remove the inner door handle cover.
- Remove the power window switch assembly.
- Using a trim panel remover, remove the clips of the trim panel.