Removal & Installation
Refer to -Rear Suspension, MacPherson Strut, Overhaul- in this section to remove the coil spring.
Do not remove the large nut on top of the strut assembly unless the coil spring is properly compressed with a spring compressor.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the strut assembly.
- Place the strut assembly in a vise with a holding tool and install a spring compressor.
- Compress the spring slightly.
- Loosen but do not remove the bearing cap locknut.
- Unload the spring seat using the spring compressor, then remove the locknut.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Strut bearing cap, mounting insulator bracket and upper spring seat
Install or connect the following:
Strut into the chamber