Inspection & Testing
- Check for damage to the wires, any deformation or burning or rust formation in the terminals.
- Using an ohmmeter, check the resistance of the wires. Resistance should be as follows:
- No. 1 and No. 3 wires: 6.43-15.01k ohms
- No. 2 and No. 4 wires: 6.67-15.57k ohms
- 5.24-12.23k ohms
- No. 1 wire: 7.40-17.27k ohms
- No. 2 wire: 6.24-14.56k ohms
- No. 3 wire: 6.54-15.25k ohms
- No. 4 wire: 6.59-15.37k ohms
- No. 1 wire: 5.6-10.6k ohms
- No. 2 wire: 7.3-13.7k ohms
- No. 3 wire: 5.9-11.1k ohms
- No. 4 wire: 7.3-13.7k ohms
- 2005 Engines
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the spark plug wires from the ignition coil and ignitor assembly.
- Grasp the boot firmly and remove the spark plug wire from the spark plug.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.