- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the engine undercover.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Loosen the hose clamp and disconnect the lower radiator hose from the thermostat cover.
Remove the thermostat cover and gasket, and pull out the thermostat.
Install the thermostat in the intake manifold.
NOTENon-Turbo engines-The thermostat must be installed with the jiggle pin upward.
NOTETurbo engines-The thermostat must be install with the jiggle pin facing front.
- Install the thermostat cover together with a new gasket.
- Install the lower radiator hose to the thermostat cover and tighten the hose clamp.
- Install the engine undercover.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Refill the engine cooling system to the correct level.
Start the engine and check for leaks.