- Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
Disconnect the ground cable from the battery and wait for at least 20 seconds before starting work.
WARNINGThe airbag system is fitted with a backup power source. After disconnecting the battery ground cable, the airbag may deploy if you do not wait for more than 20 seconds before starting the service of airbag system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Be sure to position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Tape the battery cable for added protection.
- Wait more than 20 seconds before starting work.