When the master cylinder is disassembled or the reservoir tank is empty, bleed the master cylinder. If bleeding the master cylinder is not necessary, omit the following procedures, and perform bleeding of the brake line.
Fill the reservoir tank of the master cylinder with brake fluid.
NOTEWhile bleeding air, keep the reservoir tank filled with brake fluid to prevent entry of air.
- Disconnect the brake line at primary and secondary sides.
- Wrap the master cylinder with a plastic bag.
Depress the brake pedal slowly and hold it.
Plug the outlet plug with your finger, and then release the brake pedal.
- Repeat the step 4) and 5) several times.
- Remove the plastic bag.
- Install the brake pipe to the master cylinder. Tighten to 14.0 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Bleed air from the brake line.