Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the collector cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and the terminal from the alternator.
Position a suitable tool on the belt tension assembly mounting bolt. Rotate the tool clockwise and loosen the drive belt. Remove the drive belt. Remove the drive belt cover.
NOTEUpon installation make sure that the automatic belt tensioner indicator indicates proper belt alignment.
- Remove the alternator retaining bolts. Remove the alternator from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the retaining bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).