Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure. Remove the fuel cap.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner case and air intake chamber.
- Remove the alternator.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the throttle body. Disconnect the engine coolant hoses from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the engine harness connector. Disconnect the PCV hose. Disconnect the brake booster hose. Disconnect the fuel hoses from the fuel pipe.
- Remove the left side fuel line protector. Remove the engine harness from the left side fuel injector pipe. Remove the bolts which hold the fuel injector pipe to the left cylinder head.
- Remove the right side fuel line protector. Remove the engine harness from the right side fuel injector pipe. Remove the bolts which hold the fuel injector pipe to the right cylinder head.
- Remove the right and left intake manifold retaining bolts. Remove the intake manifold from the engine.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new intake manifold O-rings. Torque the manifold retaining bolts to specification and in alternating sequence.
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks, correct as required.