Removal & Installation
If removing the upper oil pan, the engine must first be removed from the vehicle.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the under cover. Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the lower oil pan retaining bolts.
Insert an oil pan gasket cutter tool into the gap between the upper oil pan and the lower oil pan. Remove the lower oil pan from the engine.
NOTEDo not use a screwdriver or similar tool in place of the cutter tool.
- Remove the oil strainer, if required.
- Be sure to clean the old gasketing material from the mating surfaces.
- Replace the O-ring and install the oil strainer. Tighten the bolt to 4.7 ft. lbs.
Apply a continuous bead (0.039 inch thick) of liquid gasket, part number K0877YA018 or equivalent, to the mating surfaces. Install the oil pan. Torque the retaining bolts to specification and in the proper sequence.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to fill the engine with the correct grade and type engine oil.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.