Inspect the oil pump exterior for the following:
Inspect the oil pump interior for the following:
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the collector cover.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the under cover.
- Lower the vehicle. Remove the radiator.
- To remove the front side V belt, remove the belt covers. Loosen the lock bolt. Loosen the slider bolt. Remove the front side belt.
- To remove the rear side V belt, remove the belt covers. Loosen the lock bolt. Loosen the slider bolt. Remove the rear side belt.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley cover.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- Lock the crankshaft in place using tool ST499977100, or equivalent.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
Remove the front timing chain cover.
NOTEBolts are three different sizes. Be careful to install the correct bolt in the correct hole.
- Remove the timing chain.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket.
- Remove the oil pump cover retaining bolts. Remove the oil pump cover.
- Remove the inner and outer rotors.
- Be sure all mating surfaces are clean and free of dirt.
- Apply a thin coat of clean engine oil to the complete area of the inner and outer rotors.
- Position the inner rotor in place. Position the outer rotor in place.
Install the pump cover. Tighten the retaining bolts to 60 inch lbs. (6 Nm) and in the proper sequence.
NOTEMake sure that the bolts are installed in the correct positions.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct, as required.