Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the stabilizer bar brackets and bushings (both sides).
- Remove the cotter pin from the ball stud. Remove the castle nut. Extract the ball stud from the front arm.
- Remove the bolt securing the ball joint to the housing. Extract the ball joint from the housing.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the ball joint to the front arm and tighten the castle nut to 33.2 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Tighten the castle nut an additional 60 degrees until the slot in the castle nut is aligned with the cotter pin hole in the ball joint.
- Install the stabilizer bracket. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Always fully tighten the rubber bushings when the wheels are in full contact with the ground and the vehicle is at curb height.
- Check and adjust alignment, as required.