Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank into a suitable container.
- Remove the second seat.
- Remove the fuel pump access cover retaining screws. Remove the access cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the fuel pump.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel line hoses at the fuel pump.
- Remove the fuel pump assembly retaining nuts. Remove the fuel pump from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new gasket.
- Tighten the fuel pump retaining nuts to 36 inch lbs, (4 Nm) in an alternating sequence pattern.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Start the engine and check for leaks, correct as required.