After warming-up, engine becomes very hot. Be careful not to burn yourself at measurement.
Before checking the ignition timing, check the following item:
Check the air cleaner element is free from clogging, spark plugs are in good condition, and hoses are connected properly
- Idle the engine.
- Stop the engine, and turn the ignition switch to OFF.
- Insert the cartridge to Subaru Select Monitor.
- Connect the Subaru Select Monitor to data link connector.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON and Subaru Select Monitor switch to ON.
- Select Each System Check in Main Menu.
- Select Engine in Selection Menu.
- Select Current Data Display & Save in Engine Control System Diagnosis.
- Select Data Display in Data Display Menu.
- Start the engine and check the ignition timing at idle speed. Ignition timing (BTDC/RPM): 15° + / - 8°/650
If the timing is not correct, check the ignition control system.