- Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
- Remove the air intake duct.
- Remove the pulley belt cover.
- Remove the V-belts.
- Disconnect the connector from power steering pump switch.
Disconnect the (2) pressure hose and (1) suction hose from power steering pump.
CAUTIONDo not spill power steering fluid.
CAUTIONTo prevent foreign matter from entering the hose and pipe, cover the open ends with clean cloth.
- Remove the installation bolt of the power steering pump bracket.
Place the oil pump bracket in a vise, and remove the two bolts from the front side of the oil pump.
CAUTIONWhen securing the oil pump bracket in a vice, hold the oil pump bracket with the least possible force between two pieces of wood.
- Remove the bolt from the rear side of oil pump.
- Disassemble the oil pump and bracket by inserting a flat tip screwdriver
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Replace the fluid and perform air purge.
CAUTIONNever start the engine before filling with fluid, as doing so may cause the vane pump to seize.